Sunday, August 18, 2013

Review: Naked (The Blackstone Affair #1)

Brynne Bennett is living the good life. An American art student at the University of London and part-time photographic model, she’s putting her life back on track with school and lots of hard work. When ultra successful London businessman, Ethan Blackstone, buys her nude portrait, he isn’t taking ‘no’ for an answer. He wants Brynne in his bed and makes plans to keep her there no matter what. His dominant nature captivates and ensnares despite the demons she carries inside her. But there are secrets in this relationship. Huge ones. Can Ethan free Brynne from the past that has marked her? Will Brynne let him or will the specters tormenting her resurface to destroy them both…


 
REVIEW

I just met Ethan Blackstone….and he was lovely!

“Right now I just wanted to be wanted. Ethan wanted me.”


This was a quick and sexy read! I enjoyed it for the most part. I definitely think it lacked some character development at the beginning, but I found it sexy and intriguing. I had a hard time connecting to the characters emotionally at first, but by the end of the book I was almost there. I’m really counting on the next book All In to tell me a little more about Ethan and Brynne and their back stories.

I was looking for a story with rich, dominant, swoon worthy male character and that’s just what I got. I was suffering from Fifty and Crossfire withdrawals and this fed the craving just a little bit. I'll admit that it is similar to a lot of the other books out there, but I think it stood on its own.

The ending really saved this one for me. It was sitting at a solid 3-3.5 stars until the end. It’s a short read (I read it in just about 2 hours), so it’s definitely worth the wait to get to the ending if the rest of the series pans out the way I’m hoping it will. I haven’t read the last two books yet, but I’ll keep you posted. I’m one of a few out there that haven’t read this series, so this is for the readers that are late to the party like me!

MY RATING: 4 Stars!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment