Sunday, August 25, 2013

Review: Arsen By Mia Asher


One glance was all it took…

I'm a cheater.
I'm a liar.
My whole life is a mess.

I love a man.
No, I love two men…
I think.

One makes love to me. The other sets me on fire.
One is my rock. The other is my kryptonite.

I'm broken, lost, and disgusted with myself.

But I can't stop. This is my story.
My broken love story.


 

Review:

I love it when authors do this. Write stories that no one's supposed to ever write. Mia Asher did it so fearlessly too. It's an unforgettable story of true love, broken love, depression, temptation, and forgiveness. To be honest, my heart is still off cowering in a corner right now.

I highlighted more in this book than in any other. The character development is genius. I'm not going to sugar coat it though. At around 75% I was on the verge of a serious panic attack. The whole book was intense, but by that point I was a mess. We're talking clammy hands, heavy breaths, and crazy intense tension. My skin was crawling with nerves.

I recommend this book to anyone that has been through marriage pains. Marriage is hard. It's easy to lose yourself on this crazy ride through life. Our main character in this story is dying internally.

"Falling in love with someone is easy. It's loving when the newness has worn off, when life gets tough, when things get in the way, when physical passion is gone, that true love remains. When love can conquer it all."

The hardest thing about this book was that I loved all three characters individually. I wanted to hurt for them all and it was hard because my hurt was overlapping. I felt the wrong. I felt the temptation. I felt the hurt. I FELT IT ALL. I can barely wrap my head around it. All I know is...wow. Incredible book. It's heart-achingly beautiful because in the end "Love just is."

MY RATING: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment