Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Review: Dirty Red by Tarryn Fisher

Dear Opportunist,

You thought you could take him from me, but you lost. Now, that he's mine I'll do anything to keep him. Do you doubt me? I have everything that was supposed to be yours. In case you were wondering; he doesn't ever think about you anymore. I won't let him go....ever.

Dirty Red


Leah Smith finally has everything she has ever wanted. Except she doesn't. Her marriage feels more like a loan than a lifelong commitment, and the image she has worked so hard to build is fraying before her eyes. With a new role and a past full of secrets, Leah must decide how far she is willing to go to keep what she has stolen
 
 
 
BUY ON AMAZON
BUY ON B&N
 
 REVIEW
 


 

Dirty Red is my FAVORITE book in the series!

If I were Tarryn Fisher, I would sashay into every room I entered.



What a CORRUPT, INSANE, DISTURBED, & PHENOMENAL ride!

Ok, now that I’m done fan-girling…who am kidding…? I am SO not done fan-girling. I’m going to try to keep it at bay so I can review the book though ;)

Dirty Red is told in Leah’s POV. I know some of you are thinking "Why do I care what she thinks?” I’ve never read a book in a villain’s perspective before, but my wine glass is raised to Tarryn Fisher, because SHE NAILED IT. I’ve almost typed “I love Leah” about 20 times already in this review and erased it. I know I’m not supposed to love her. We’ll go with…”I love hate Leah.” I guess I love to hate her. She was so evil.



The first line of the book nearly killed me. I guess I finished The Opportunist hoping that Dirty Red would be an easier ride for Caleb and Olivia. NOPE. Tarryn Fisher digs the dagger a little deeper with the first line of the book. I got so used to bad things happening that I started to live for the drama. Normally, I’m pulling for the characters and hoping that the bad stuff will stop. Not with this series though. I was so excited to find out what crazy thing would happen next. The crazier, the better.

I thought this book was absolutely, positively hilarious. Leah’s mind was so warped. I didn’t want it to end. I could read a whole series solely based on her and there’s no doubt in my mind I’d love it. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pro Olivia and Caleb, I just loved reading about Leah. She knows she’s messed up, but that doesn’t stop her.



She tries to feel sorry for herself, but even she can’t do that all the time. She knows she’s evil, and man, oh, man is she manipulative. She pulled some of the wildest stunts. Sometimes I don’t think she even remembered what was real and what was a lie. I couldn’t help but feel sorry for her due to her past though. She does have a rough backstory and it kind of explains her behavior.<-- I think she sucessfully manipulated me. Am I really feeling sorry for her?
”I could slice myself open with a knife and I wouldn’t feel a thing.”




She is absolutely obsessed with Caleb. Obsessed with winning him. At times I really thought she loved him and maybe she did the only way she knew how, but she was mainly obsessed. Obsessed with him. Obsessed with hating Olivia. Obsessed with herself. I love Caleb but he was an idiot sometimes! There are some things that you just don’t put up with. WHY DID HE STAY WITH HER?!

”Yes! Olivia bashing! This is exactly what I need to feel better about myself.”




I see mixed reviews on this one. I think some people wanted more Olivia and Caleb than this book offers. Olivia is pretty absent for most of the book. THIS IS ABOUT LEAH. You get some Olivia and Caleb, but not a whole lot. Just like The Opportunist this goes back and forth between past & present. I couldn’t help but feel for Leah at the end. As messed up as she was, she was still crushed. I can’t help but think that being crushed may have been the best thing for her though. She drops a bomb at the end. You’ll get to hate her for that in Thief ;)

”I felt like he’d dropped me from the highest building. Shattered. Every part of me. He was a liar. He was a thief. I wanted to crumble to the ground right there, admit my defeat. Die and die again. Die and take Olivia with me. Die."


I loved it. I’d re-read it. I thought it was phenomenal. I think Tarryn Fisher is a talented writer. I can’t say enough good things about this book! I’m missing it as I review it!

All I can really say is...

Well
Done.

MY RATING: 5 STARS

Reviewed by:

No comments:

Post a Comment