Monday, January 20, 2014

Spotlight & Sale: The Fine Line by Alicia Kobishop



The Fine Line
by
Alicia Kobishop
Release Date: December 6, 2013

Synopsis
High school senior Liv Evans has one rule: No attachments. She’s lost enough in her life and has vowed to do whatever it takes to make sure she never again feels the emptiness of losing someone she loves. Boys are a fun distraction, but a serious relationship is something she’d rather live without. Her determination for a future free of pain and heartbreak is put to the test when she meets–and quickly forms an unexpected bond–with Logan Tanner.

Logan has always been a free spirit, but ever since a life-changing event took place, which left him doubting the integrity of those who are closest to him, he’s taken that term to a whole new dangerous level. Learning the hard way that life is too short for worries or work–and that women can’t be trusted–Logan has exchanged steady work for street racing. When Liv walks into his world, everything he thought he knew about life and women is challenged.

In The Fine Line, Liv and Logan will discover if it’s possible for true love to have a future, or if history is destined to repeat itself.


On Sale till 1/22! Get your copy now! 


Excerpt
He looked at the empty house, then back at me.  “Who keeps you company?”
   “Well, right now, you are.”
   He paused for a moment and squinted at me.  “Most girls love to talk about themselves.  I get the feeling you don’t like to share.”
   “What’s that supposed to mean?  Let’s hear about you.  Tell me about your family.”  Then I remembered about his father, and I immediately wished I had more of a filter.
   Logan shifted in his seat and stared blankly into the fire.  I sighed, inwardly scolding myself for making things awkward.  I didn’t want him to, but I was sure he would get up and leave now.  I figured I would beat him to the punch.  “My parents will be home soon…”
   His gaze turned to me, his expression both serious and thoughtful at the same time, as if he were trying to decide whether or not he was going to say the next thing.  “It’s still early.  Will you come with me?  I want to show you something.”
   Yes.
   “I don’t know, Logan.  I should probably call it a night,” I said as I took a poking stick off the ground and began to push around the fire embers.
   “What are you, eighty?” he laughed, lightening the mood.  “C’mon, it’s early.  I promise I won’t bore you.”
   Every part of my subconscious screamed that it was a bad idea to get close to this boy.  Why did he have to be so endearing? 
   “Really, Logan?  You want to show me something?” I grinned.
   His jaw dropped as he feigned shock.  “Nothing inappropriate, friend,” he teased.  “You’re not gonna make me beg, are you?  Cuz I don’t beg.”
   I wasn’t sure if he was trying to be funny, or suave, but the exaggerated puppy-dog look he gave me brought an unintentional laugh out of me.  Actually, it was more of a snort, but the expression of victory in Logan’s face after it came out of my mouth—and nose—made the embarrassing sound worth it.  I was beginning to doubt he could ever bore me.  My subconscious could shove it. Just for tonight. I had to have more of this boy.  “Alright, Zoolander, take me away.” 
   After putting the embers out with the garden hose, we climbed into his Mustang and drove off.


Author Social Media Links

Goodreads Profile: (Click Here)  
Website/Blog:  www.aliciakobishop.com



No comments:

Post a Comment