Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Book Review: Masquerade (Games #3) by Nyrae Dawn

17900008
 A biker. A tattoo artist. A love to last a lifetime.

Maddox Cross has always had to be tough. When his father went to jail for murder, the teenager took care of his sister and mother. Now on his own and working security at a night club, Maddox wants to become a tattoo artist-a dream that comes closer to reality when he falls for the hottest, most tatted woman he's ever seen. She's wild and beautiful, and Maddox will do anything to be with her.

Bee Malone came to town to open up her new tattoo parlor, Masquerade. Since being kidnapped as a young girl, Bee has had trouble getting close to anyone. But when she meets Maddox, she sees that under his hard biker's body is the sensitive soul of an artist. What starts out as a sizzling one-night stand soon becomes so much more.

Bee wants Maddox to join her tattoo business, but letting him into her life means revealing all her most intimate secrets. And as the past begins to intertwine with her present, Bee fears their love may not be as permanent as their ink.

 
 
BUY: Kindle I Paperback

...Review...
She's 3 for 3! I've loved this series so far and am very happy with the way Masquerade turned out. It was very different & very good! I’ve been anxiously waiting for Maddox’s story since I read Façade! There was just something about him that intrigued me. Quiet, private, mysterious, angry, broken…
 
Maddox and Bee were different from the other couples in the series. Because of that, this story seemed to have a different feel to me than the other two books. I liked that! Bee was mysterious and quiet as well, so it was interesting to read about these characters. They both really did their best to hide their feelings for the majority of the book.  Nyrae Dawn brought both of these withdrawn characters to life, put me inside their heads, and made me fall in love. I was so attached to them by the time I got to the last page!

Keeping with the theme of the other books in the series, both characters had traumatic pasts. If you’ve read Façade you know about Maddox’s past, but Bee…Bee!! Wow, I really liked the spin that her past put on the story. Very interesting. I don’t want to give anything away, but it really gave me a different perspective of people that have been through situations similar to hers. It was a big eye opener.

I’d say this book was a little less emotional than the other two; however, there is one scene with Adrian and Maddox that made my eyes a little watery. Man, oh, man do I love Adrian? Yes I do, I do! ;)

All in all, it was a great book ! I’m not sure if this is the end of this series or not, but I hope not!! What about the bartender?? *hint, hint*
 
4 Stars
 
...
Other books in the series
 
Charade  (Games #1) 
BUY: Kindle I Paperback
 
Facade (Games #2) 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment