Tuesday, December 24, 2013

REVIEWS: Great Exploitations Series Books 1-2 by Nicole Williams


17449965 Seduction. Infidelity. Blackmail. Scandal. It can all be bought for the right price and for Sienna Stevens, business is good.

Because she’s in the business of Great Exploitations.

She’s an Eve, a member of a secret society of women contracted by the wives of wealthy, powerful men for one reason and one reason only: to seduce their husbands. To ensure their pre-nuptial agreement will be null and void thanks to a little loophole known as the Infidelity Clause. To ensure that those wives don’t find themselves on the other side of a divorce without a penny to their name.

When it comes to the Eves, Sienna’s one of the best because she follows the number one rule of the Eves to the letter: don’t let it get personal.

When the job file of her wealthiest client yet falls into her lap, Sienna realizes that this case could be the one that’s impossible to detach herself from. The payout would lead to her independence, but will the cost be too high in the end?



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17449965-mischief-in-miami?from_search=true
Buy on AMAZON  $0.99
 
REVIEW:

I've had my eye on this series for awhile now. I always try to wait until the whole series is released, but I have no self control. Once book 3 was released I just couldn't hold off anymore. I'm really fond of novellas. Sometimes I don't have time to sit down and read a full length novel, so novella's and short stories like this are exactly what I'm looking for. I'm also really fond of Nicole Williams. She's an excellent writer, and I would count her among my favorite authors. That said, this first short story was P H E N O M E N A L.  I'm used to reading about Jude and Lucy in her other series so when I stepped into this books world I was like...WHOA. She totally transformed and stepped into this forbidden, risqué, manipulative, misunderstood woman's shoes. I was mesmerized!

Keep in mind that this is a short story when you go into it. You won't get all of your answers in this installment, but it leaves you wanting more. I was so curious by the end of it that I had to grab book 2 immediately. This book does a really good job of introducing you to this world where the Eve's are hired to seduce the husbands of these trophy wives for one sole reason... they signed a pre-nup and they want out. The Eve's give these woman the ammunition they need in divorce court and then they disappear. They do the job and then they leave and move on to the next job.

What are the Eve's getting out of this? A fat paycheck for one. And revenge. The Eve this series is based on has been burned. She was hurt in the worst way, and she's taking it out on all the other cheating jerks in the world. She plans to get out, but she has to get the perfect Errand in order to do that. She might just get it...  but I'm thinking this Errand may break her. There's only one way to find out!! Keep reading, I am!

MY RATING: 4.5 Stars



17903056
Revenge isn’t what the Eves are about. Justice is.

But when Sienna Stevens leaves Miami for her Errand in Seattle as Ally Andrews, revenge is the only thing on her mind. A woman scorned is one thing, but Ally is something else altogether. She will not rest until the man who upended her world is brought to his personal and financial knees. She won’t settle for just upending his world in return. She’s going for full-blown annihilation.

Ally’s barely in Seattle a day before complications arise. She begins making slips. She’s one error away from being pulled from the biggest Errand of her career when she comes face to face with Henry Callahan. Former lover. Current Target.

Things just went from complicated to catastrophic.

 https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17903056-scandal-in-seattle?from_search=true
Buy on AMAZON
 
REVIEW:
 
Another short story that left me reeling! What can I say about this series? I. am. a. fan.  Book one introduced us to Eve and this secret society, but this book dived a little deeper into who she was. Into her past. If you read book one, then you know Eve got the Errand of her dreams. She gets to actually focus her revenge on the guy that ruined her for other men. The guy that hurt her. Henry. I hate to say it, but he seems kind of charming. I'm not sure if he can be redeemed or not. What he did was pretty awful, but part of me wonders if there's more to the story...? I'm not really expecting a happily ever after with this series. I'm not really sure what we're going to get because it's so different and unique...
I know these stories are short, but I think it's the perfect style for this kind of story. It sort of reads like a TV Series. I feel like I'm watching the season finale every time I pick it up. You get some of your answers, but it also leaves you with so many questions that you can't wait for the next season.  I kind of thought that Eve would focus solely on her Errand with Henry in this book, but she still does other Errands!! ha! This series is seriously fascinating to me. I'm reading book 3 very soon, but I hear that it leaves off with another cliffhanger so I'm trying to wait a little closer to book 4's release. The good news about this series is that each installment is released 2-3 months apart, so there is no crazy wait. If you want a quick read that is a different flavor from all the other romance novels we read, I HIGHLY recommend this series. It's just so cool!
MY RATING: 4.5 STARS


BOOK 3
18957016

Buy on AMAZON
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18957016-trouble-in-tampa?from_search=true

No comments:

Post a Comment