Monday, December 9, 2013

Review: Elect (Eagle Elite #1) by Rachel Van Dyken


Would you die for the one you love?

Nixon Abandonato made his choice. And now he has to pay the price. Tracey is the love of his life, but being with him has made her a target of his family's enemies. The only way to keep Trace alive is convince the world she means nothing to him.

Trace Rooks has fallen irrevocably in love with the son of her family's sworn rival, and she knows in her bones nothing can tear them apart. Until Nix suddenly pushes her away and into the arms of his best friend... But Trace isn't ready to give up on a future with Nix--and if he won't fight for them, she will.

In the end, a sacrifice must be made. A life for a life. For what better way to cover a multitude of sins than with the blood of a sinner . . .


https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18210033-elect

Review

I can't remember the last time a book made me feel this much anxiety! I was on the verge of a panic attack. The story took off from the beginning, and... wow, I'm just literally blown away. I couldn't put it down. I loved book one, but this just blew it out of the water. Crazy good. Action packed. Witty banter. Freaking stressful. Just...AHHHH!! I'm still feeling the tension right now. I feel like I could come out of my skin! I haven't put a book on my favorites list in a while, but I just did!

Ok, deep breath… where to start….??

Where did that come from? I sat down last night in my PJ’s with my hot chocolate and kindle in hand thinking – YAY! Another Rachel Van Dyken book . This will be fun. -- ha ha ha. Joke is on me. I woke up this morning and I do not have fingernails. LOL. For real. So beware to all the ladies with freshly manicured fingernails. You should probably wear gloves. This is a nail biter.

Literally, just thinking about this book is making me feel the tension again. Rachel pushed her boundaries in this book for sure. This is the first book by her that literally had me on the edge of my seat. Book 1 was great and mysterious, but this was just crazy stressful for me. The secrets don’t stop coming. The book is told from the guy’s POV (Nixon, Chase, and Phoenix). I really don’t want to give away any spoilers, and honestly I wouldn’t know where to start in trying to explain this to you. It’s a puzzle for sure, but I really liked how it turned out when I had all the puzzle pieces.

There’s a triangle in here, but WAIT… don’t run! It’s not what you’d expect. There are a lot of secrets. EVERYTHING works out the way it needs to. You’ll be fine (after you stress for the entire book haha). It’s definitely a Happy for Now ending. No big cliffy, but I can’t wait for the next book. That last line set the next book up for one awesome storyline. I can’t wait! I can’t say enough good things. It’s my favorite book by Rachel Van Dyken so far. Hands down.

My Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment