Thursday, November 7, 2013

REVIEW: Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds #2) by Laura Miller

17874069
From the national bestselling novel Butterfly Weeds comes the other side of the story…

About the man behind the song.

Will Stephens doesn’t chase dreams outside of his small, Missouri town. He’s perfectly happy with his high school sweetheart in his arms, his guitar and his quiet, summer nights. But life for Will is about to change. He’s about to find out what it’s like to chase a dream—one he has loved since he first laid eyes on her.

A firefighter by day and a musician by night, Will balances his dangerous career with his weekend gigs, but his mind is never far from Julia Lang. They said their goodbyes years ago, but Will now hopes a song from their past will help Julia stop and remember a life they once shared together. His only fear is that he’s waited too long to get his song to her ears.


Praise for Butterfly Weeds:

"One of the most beautiful love stories I have ever read."
~Jelena's Book Blog

"Beautifully written and sure to leave a lasting footprint on your heart!"
~Angela McLaurin, The Indie Bookshelf

"A gorgeous, enlightening, absolutely captivating read!"
~Maryse's Book Blog

"A debut novel that will take you on a journey through the trials and adversities of first love and will touch the very essence of your heart."
~Romantic Reading Escapes Book Blog

"A beautiful love story. Will & Julia are perfection."
~Sarah Fitz, Goodreads Review of "Butterfly Weeds



REVIEW:

"Jules, trust me," I said. "My life's a dream already. I don't need to go chasin' somethin' somewhere else."

I love Will and Julia's story with every little piece of my heart. The pages of this book carry love in a way that I've only seen a few authors manage to pull off. It's breathtaking. Unforgettable. I was crazy about Butterfly Weeds, and I'm crazy about My Butterfly too. I want to say I loved it more, but then I don't want to take away from Butterfly Weeds. I just LOVE the series as a whole. I'll NEVER forget it. I'll always come back to it when I need a little reminder of how powerful love can be.

This is a story of first love, heartbreak, and second chances. It's not a perfect journey, and that's why it's so unforgettable. The story spans 10 years. It's about two high school sweethearts trying to find their place in the world as they lose each other along the way -- while still hanging on to their memories of each other for dear life. I adore it. For those that got a little frustrated with Julia in Butterfly Weeds, you'll like this book more because it's from Will's POV. Personally, I got where Julia was coming from even though it hurt. Boy, did it hurt. There is no doubt that Will's character shines in both books though. He is the PERFECT guy. It's hard to find any fault in his character, and I think that's where some frustration came from with a few readers in Butterfly Weeds. You want to defend him and hug him and love him. He. is. so. perfect. I loved seeing things from his POV. I think I liked it a little better just because I could related to his journey and chosen path a little more than I could Julia's.

Since there are SO many self published authors out there, you can never tell when you are going to stumble upon an incredibly gifted, talented writer. There are good storytellers that aren't necessarily good writers, and then there are the authors that are good storytellers that can also convey that story so eloquently in writing that it just blows you away. That's Laura Miller for me. I felt it. I cried. AGAIN. Just amazing, angsty, gut wrenching. Love is just a beautiful thing and so is this book.

P.S. I think it's important to note that this is a clean read. So, mom's, you can get this one for your daughters!
 
My Rating: 5 Stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment