Thursday, May 8, 2014

REVIEW: Hothouse Flower by Krista and Becca Ritchie


Hothouse Flower (Calloway Sisters, #2; Addicted, #2.2)



Ryke Meadows, meet Daisy Calloway ... she’s all grown up.

Twenty-five-year-old Ryke Meadows knows he’s hard to love. With a billion-dollar inheritance, a track-star resume, and an alpha-male personality—he redefines the term likable asshole. But he’s not living to make friends. Or enemies. He just wants to free climb three of the toughest mountains in Yosemite without drama or interruption.

And then he receives a distressed call from a girl in Paris—a girl that he has never been allowed to have.

Daisy Calloway is eighteen. Finally. With her newfound independence, she can say goodbye to her overbearing mother and continue her modeling career. Next stop, Paris. Fashion Week begins with a bang, and Daisy uncovers the ugly reality of the industry. She wants to prove to her family that she can live on her own, but when everything spirals out of control, she turns to Ryke to keep her secrets.

As Daisy struggles to make sense of this new world and her freedom, she pushes the limits and fearlessly rides the edge. Ryke knows there’s deep hurt beneath every impulsive action. He must keep up with Daisy, and if he lets her go, her favorite motto—“live as if you’ll die today”—may just come true.
BUY: AMAZON 
   
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18308266-hothouse-flower?from_search=true#other_reviews

Addicted Series Recommended Reading Order

Addicted to You (Addicted #1)
Ricochet (Addicted #1.5) <--- The main characters meet here.
Addicted for Now (Addicted #2)
Kiss the Sky (Spin-Off)(Calloway Sisters #1)
Hothouse Flower (Spin-Off)(Calloway Sisters #2)
Thrive (Addicted #2.5) (not yet released)
Addicted After All (Addicted #3) (not yet released)


  "I'm drawn to Ryke the way penguins waddle in a group, one following the other, rarely all alone."
 
Dontcha' just love that quote? Dontcha'?? I mean that's ^^^^ why I love the Ritchie sisters!! I've seen love and relationships compared and described in so many fancy ways, but they chose penguins. AND HOW AWESOME IS THAT?! I'd totally be Ryke's penguin! Waddle behind him and watch his little bottom waddle too... ok, ok I'm getting a little carried away with the penguins. The book, lets talk about the book... ;)
 
If you don't read another word in this review, read this -- this series is a must read! At this point, I'm just so invested in this series that I think it's impossible for me to not like one of these books. I know these characters better than most of the characters in any books or series that I've read in a long time. The character development is just impeccable the whole way through. There isn't a single character in this series that I don't love. If I'm honest, I'm a little partial to Rose and Connor because I find every little awkward and strange thing they do to be absolutely hilarious, but I'm so in love with Ryke and Daisy too (and Lily and Lo. Gah, I love Lily and Lo). I love them all. Anyways, Daisy was a bit younger in the other books so she kind of flew in the background but that never stopped me from wanting her to be with Ryke. When I found out that Hothouse Flower was their story, I did a little dance!
 
It didn't disappoint. It so didn't disappoint.
 
So, in this book, you get to see all of the characters again *yay*, but the spotlight is on Daisy and Ryke.  In a nutshell, Daisy has been living under her mom's thumb for a long time. Her mom tries to cage her in but that's just like holding back the wind. You can't do it. Daisy is a free spirit. She does whatever the hell she wants and then thinks later. Ryke and Daisy have secretly built a solid friendship for years behind everyone's back, but when Daisy finds herself in a situation that allows her to break free from her mom for a little while, the story really takes off.  *sigh* Ryke and Daisy are two stubborn daredevils for sure. Needless to say, this was an entertaining read the whole way through. Sometimes their "live as if you'll die today" motto stressed me out to the max.  If these were real situations I'd totally be that friend hyperventilating on the sidelines!
 
I'm really at a loss for words. I'm such a fan. This series is simply incredible. How fitting that it's called the Addicted Series because I am so thoroughly addicted.  If you're new to the series, then you should definitely start with book 1 called Addicted to You. If you skip, you won't be as invested in the series as you should be.  I highly, highly recommend this series. HIGHLY!
 
4.5  stars
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment