When Stella Jo Chandler gets an offer to work at the Second Chance Ranch celebrity rehab facility right after graduating from Texas A&M, she’s tempted to turn it down. She wants to help real people with real problems, not spoiled celebrities going on vacation for publicity. But growing up on her family’s ranch left her with a love of horses that draws her to the opportunity. How bad can babysitting a bunch of strung out celebrities be?
What she didn’t count on was being roped into a tangled mess with infamous rocker and three-time rehab drop out Van Ransom on her first day. And she sure didn’t expect to feel the overwhelming attraction that pulls her to the man who has more issues than she can count on both hands. Like the hotel rooms and tour buses he’s famous for trashing, the havoc he could wreak on Stella’s heart would be irreparable.
Van isn’t at Second Chance for publicity or because he’s suffering from “exhaustion”. He’s on the brink of destruction, and he needs the kind of help Stella isn’t sure she can give. But without her, he'll lose everything. Because he’s on his last second chance.
Caisey Quinn brought her sexy all the way up to 10! Last Second Chance was a provocative and intimate read that kept me up late into the night. It was edgy and fast paced and while it did push my boundaries, I found it to be completely relatable and addicting. I was totally unable to put it down. A must read!
So without giving anything away, this novel is about a rock star that has hit rock bottom. He was given an ultimatum - go to rehab or no music deal. He's definitely not excited about this forced rehab stint but he'll do anything he can to hang on to his music career. Things start to look up when he hits rehab and runs into the new sexy little employee named Stella. Van knows from the very beginning that his attraction to her isn't something he should give in to. She's different from all his other conquests. She's something he's not sure he's ready for.
Then there's Stella. She's jumping headfirst into a new job at Last Second Chance Ranch. She needs this job because she doesn't want to go running back to her hometown. Her parents are an issue that she doesn't want to deal with quite yet. Or ever. Stella loves horses and is excited to find out that she can help out in the stables at Last Second Chance Ranch. She has no idea what she's in for when she meets Van. They both bring steam to those stables. Lots of steam! They are playing with fire because they are risking it all for each other as their careers hang in the balance.
Overall, this is a sexy little read. While it's a tad edgier than Caisey Quinn's other work, it still has that spark that her fans love so much. I found the characters to be completely relatable along with their relationship. This book was so intimate while showing the tumultuous side of Van and Stella's relationship at the same time. I loved Stella because she was a female character that I could relate too, and I loved Van because he was one of those redeemable bad boys that I can never get enough of. Basically, I loved Van and Stella-- Team Vanella!! I can't wait to get my hands on more books in this series. This is a standalone with a sweet ending.
Caisey Quinn lives in Birmingham, Alabama with her husband, daughter, and other assorted animals. She is the bestselling author of the Kylie Ryans series as well as several New Adult Romance novels featuring country girls finding love in unexpected places. You can find her online at www.caiseyquinnwrites.com .
CQ 10 Must Have's
TOP TEN WRITING MUST HAVES
I get asked about my writing process and where I write so I wanted to share my Top Ten MUST HAVE’s for writing sessions!
1. My MacBook Air (& its charger)– It’s light and travels well!
2. My headphones/ear buds – Because not everyone in the library/bookstore/coffee shop wants to hear my Spotify book soundtrack apparently. (weirdos)
3. A pen & notebook – Yes, I write lots of things out by hand still! Call me old fashioned! #iprefervintage
4. My iPhone – The notes app is my friend!
5. Bottled water – so I don’t dehydrate
6. Iced coffee – So I can stay awake
7. My reading glasses – For years I got migraines while typing, until I started wearing them! #lifesaver
8. Snacks – Sometimes it’s chocolate, or granola and dried fruit, or a protein bar, just something so I don’t get hunger headaches.
9. Pepcid Complete – Not kidding. My characters give me indigestion. Or it could be number 6…
10. Excedrin Migraine – Are you sensing a theme with the headaches yet? Hours at the computer and looong nights make this miracle drug very necessary. I might be slowly destroying my liver or something, but writers gotta write! ;)
So there is my complete (and very unglamorous) list of writing session must haves!
a Rafflecopter giveaway