Sunday, May 4, 2014

MINI REVIEW: Veiled Innocence by Ella Frank





Tick, tick, tock.
Time.
That's all I have now.
A small room, a photograph, and time. 
They want me to trust them and confess my sins. 
They told me they wouldn't judge me -- they lied. 
I thought we could convince the world that this wasn't a crime.
We were wrong.
Time doesn't stand still. 
The clock keeps ticking, the world is unconvinced, and now...
Now he is gone.

 
BUY:


"I'm your monster. She was so very wrong. I was honest enough to admit I was fighting myself. I'd become my own monster.


I finally read it! Oddly enough, I'm not a huge fan of this sort of student/teacher forbidden romance. After I received numerous recommendations from a few hardcore Ella Frank fans, I had to give in to the temptation to read this one though. I'm glad I did because it was intriguing from the very beginning. The forbidden aspect to the story didn't make me uncomfortable like most student/teacher romances. I liked the way it was handled (the girl is 18 and the teacher is 32). The author uses an unique approach to writing the story by alternating between past/present and by using two point of views.

It's just as suspenseful as it is romantic. If I'm honest, the suspense is what kept me going. I was jumping for joy every time I reached a "present" chapter. And, man, *fans self* Ella Frank does sexy and she does it well! The scenes were hot and intense. They were the kind of scenes that make me like to read steamy books. Plus, each of the sexy scenes were crucial to the development of the story and that's why I liked them. I did find myself able to put this down a few times (as much as I enjoyed it). However, all in all, this was a great book and I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely an Ella Frank fan now. As for the rating, I'm stuck between 4 and 5. I almost gave it 5, but I'm being a little stingy with that last star.
 






No comments:

Post a Comment