Sunday, February 2, 2014

REVIEW: Kiss the Sky by Krista and Becca Ritchie

Virgin. Sex addict. Daredevil. Alcoholic. Smartass … Jackass. Her five friends are about to be filmed. Reality TV, be prepared. 

 
Rose Calloway thought she had everything under control. At twenty-three, she’s a Princeton graduate, an Academic Bowl champion, a fashion designer and the daughter of a Fortune 500 mogul. But with a sex addict as a sister and roommate, nothing comes easy. 


After accepting help from a producer, Rose agrees to have her life filmed for a reality television show. The Hollywood exec is her last chance to revive her struggling fashion line, and boundaries begin to blur as she’s forced to make nice with a man who always has his way. 

 
Twenty-four-year-old Connor Cobalt is a guy who bulldozes weak men. He’s confident, smart-as-hell and lives with his equally ambitious girlfriend, Rose Calloway. Connor has to find a way to protect Rose without ruining the show. Or else the producer will get what Connor has always wanted—Rose’s virginity. 



**This New Adult Standalone Romance can be described as Friends meets The Real World. Expect fist fights, drugs, sex of varying degrees, crude humor and competitive alpha males. Definitely for mature audiences only.**

 


...
 
BUY (AMAZON): Kindle I Paperback

“People hope to touch the sky. I dream of kissing it.”

I’ve been staring at the computer screen for 10 minutes. I even looked in the thesaurus to try and find a better word than awesome to describe this series. There are a lot of different ways to say awesome, such as: amazing, astonishing, astounding, eye-opening, fabulous, miraculous, prodigious, staggering, stunning, stupendous, sublime, surprising, wonderful, and wondrous.  None of those words seem to do it justice. The one word that’s sticking out to me right now is talented. These two authors have a gift. They are good at what they do. So good that I know that this is just the beginning for them as authors and…

What. An. Incredible. Beginning.

The reason I love this series so much is because it’s really just a combination of all my guilty pleasures. These books are made for TV. While reading the first few books, I felt like I was reading a script that was made for the CW or even a network like HBO (it may be a little too risqué for the CW, but you never know these days, ha!), but after reading Kiss the Sky I could see it on MTV also. That’s just a wicked combination. I mean… they put REALITY TV in a BOOK! In a book!

*claps hands* *jumps up and down* *girly scream* ;)

I guess I should tell you a little about the plot. First, I want to address the fact that this book can be a standalone. Yes, it CAN be a standalone; however, do not read it as a standalone. No, no, no, no, NO! Connor & Rose’s relationship started to develop in the first books in the series, so if you don’t read the other books you’ll miss out on all the building blocks of their relationship. I promise that the first few books are incredible, so don’t skip them!

Kiss the Sky starts off with a flashback from Connor’s POV. Those flashbacks continue to occur throughout the book. Most of the flashbacks are directly related to Connor and Rose’s younger years. I loved the flashbacks because they added so much relationship and character development. The story is told in alternated POV’s between Connor and Rose.

After the flashback, it starts off right were Addicted For You left off. Rose is planning Lily and Lo’s wedding, but she’s also trying to save her business. Calloway Couture is barely hanging on after the news of Lily’s sex addiction reached the media. Rose decides to turn to reality TV to try and save her business. The whole book reminds me of The Real World or Keeping Up with the Kardashians. I was aware that the cameras were there while I was reading, but they made me aware in such a subtle way. They wrote about their private interviews, the episodes… I… gah, I’m just speechless. I told you it was awesome.

Needless to say, I am so in love with Connor and Rose after reading this. I was already crazy about them before, but Connor surprised me big time in this book. I didn’t know he had it in him. His drive is hot. He is hot. The way he commands the attention of everyone in the room is hot. He took hot to another level. One of my favorite lines came from Rose during a shower scene. Rose is a perfectionist when it comes to ALL things.


“Don’t baby me,” she snaps. “If you’re going to teach me, I want you to do it right. I want to be the best.”

All the books are very detailed and well written, but this book is so intricate. I'm impressed and a little lot envious of the authors. I could gush for days. This book is just addicting, sexy, original, funny, intense, and full of action. There is always something going on. It’s full of drama. There’s fighting, yelling, and a sleaze ball producer. At times, I wasn’t sure if the characters would survive the stress of the TV show, but I should’ve have known better than to doubt Connor Cobalt and Rose Calloway. They always win.


“Kiss the sky with me,” Connor whispers, a beautiful smile pulling his lips, “and don’t ever come down.”
 
This series is truly one of my all time favorites. It has it all. You should read it!

P.S. As with all the previous books in the series, you get to see all the secondary characters throughout the book. That’s why I think you should read the entire series before reading this book. If you read them all, it just intensifies Connor and Rose’s relationship. Also, I can’t wait for Hothouse Flower. I didn’t really mention Daisy and Ryke in this review because that would add another page to this (of me gushing about how awesome they are). I’ll have my time to talk about them in my Hothouse Flower review.  ;) 


5+ Stars!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment