Monday, July 29, 2013

Review: Promise Me by Barbie Bohrman

 



Sabrina Chandler must go back home to face her past and confront her once best friend and ex-boyfriend who betrayed her in the worst way possible.
 

Returning to her past also means coming face to face with the boy who was standing in the shadows one fateful night. The same boy she made a promise to and who unknowingly walked away with her heart.
 
Can she move forward with her life when her heart is still 10 years in the past?

  BUY ON: AMAZON
 
REVIEW:  
 
Promise Me by Barbie Bohrman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

From the moment I picked up this book until the moment I put it down, it consumed me!

I'm pretty sure that it has everything to do with Tyler. I was deep crushing on him. No, this was more than a crush. I was am in deep heart-clenching love with him. OF COURSE, since I loved him so hard...he had to crush me even harder. Here I was all blissfully in love and then.......

right hook
left hook
body slam
stomp
spit


Yeah, that's what happened to my heart. Aside from the fact that I loved Tyler, there's a lot more that I liked about the book. I really like the whole idea of the plot. High school girl gets her heart broken by her boyfriend and best friend, high school girl takes off and makes something of herself, girl comes back for 10 year high school reunion even hotter, high school boyfriend wants her back (he's soooo sorry), ex-BFF gets fat and even more pathetic, AND, most importantly, girl snags the SEXY school bad boy at high school reunion....LOVED IT! <-yeah, that's a big run-on sentence, but I like it. :)



I've seen some mixed reviews and I guess I can understand it. It's not exactly a "fast" moving story, but I thought it was paced well. Plus, there's some pretty serious heart breaking that happens around 70%. From looking at reviews, I can see that some people don't get over what happens and I get that. If you want my opinion, just look at those 5 stars up there. Tyler totally redeemed himself in my eyes. Barbie Borhman created the ultimate dream guy for me, then let him break my heart, and then somehow won me over again. That's what earned her those 5 stars. I was a hard sell after what happened and she pulled it off. Kudos to her. Julia said it best...

"Sabrina, the heart wants what the heart wants. Fuck the signs."




If you want to read a story about second chances, mistakes, and redemption, look no further. I won't be forgetting Tyler anytime soon. He has engraved himself permanently in my brain.

My rating: 5 stars!!
Reviewed by:

AUTHOR LINKS
Barbie Bohrman

No comments:

Post a Comment