Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: Inevitable (Harmony Series #1) by Angela Graham

 
Synopsis
 
After experiencing a humiliating breakup, twenty-two-year-old Cassandra Clarke is fresh out of college and living a simple solitary life without any intentions of pursuing love anytime soon.

When the estate next door sells, the last thing Cassandra expects is the unnerving attraction she feels for her sinfully handsome neighbor, Logan West, the young and charming single father with a playboy reputation.

It’s through Oliver, Logan’s four-year-old son, who keeps popping up in her childhood tree house, that she slowly begins to catch glimpses of the compassionate and wounded man Logan has hidden beneath his strong exterior.

Cassandra knows it's wrong and that she's heading for another heartbreak.
Logan will never be able to give her what she wants…love.
 
 
PURCHASE LINKS:
 

Erica's REVIEW:

5 supersized stars! AMAZING. The end had my heart racing & I can hardly wait to get my hands on book 2!

I can't think of a single thing about this book that didn't work for me. This is an incredibly beautiful character building romance that has much more depth than steam. It's a carefully crafted story that builds a relationship based on the things that matter. It was written so that the smallest things were subtly weaved into the story to give Cassie and Logan's relationship so much more substance. Nothing was overdone and instead I was hanging on to every word until the very last page!

Throughout this story, you follow Cassie and her new neighbors growing friendship. Logan has been burned in the past and he's decided that he'll never allow someone to get close enough to do that to him again. He's a playboy and he doesn't hide it.

"The more time I spent with him, the more I couldn't understand why he created this ice castle around himself."

Cassie was betrayed by her long time boyfriend a year ago and she knows better than to get caught up with another guy that will more than likely leave her heart in shambles. She's looking for something more that Logan's willing to offer her. She tried to ignore her attraction to him, but it doesn't work very well...Logan's a charmer and a looker. I swear I could see every single one of his smirks! Needless to say, she's feeling the temptation...

"Thou shall not be punished when butterflies are controlling thy body."

Cassie and Logan end up bonding through Logan's son, Oliver, and they decide to be 'just friends'. However, it's really clear that Logan thinks very highly of Cassie and wants to be with her. He's just to afraid to admit it. You would think I would have gotten frustrated with these two at some point, but I really enjoyed reading about their flirty dance around their feelings for each other. It was so clear to me that the feelings were there, that it was easy to love them regardless of their reluctance to take the next step in their relationship.

Their interaction with Oliver was heartwarming. It was really nice to see their relationship being built around the most important thing in Logan's life. That's what made this such a beautiful story. Oliver always came first for both Logan and Cassie. Plus, Logan just had that bad boy irresistable vibe that bounced off the pages. He was hard not to love despite his occasional sleezy behavior ;) Also, Cassie wasn't afraid to throw a little sass back at Logan and that made me love her.

I don't know what else to say other than I was completely addicted the entire time. I couldn't stop reading and became so attached to the characters! I haven't been this wrapped up in a story in a long time! I didn't want it to end. I panicked when I got into the 90% area because I wanted it to be longer!

            "I would never give up. I was hers and someday she would be mine.

Forewarning: There is a cliffhanger, but it's not that terrible! Cliffhangers are meant to keep the readers hooked and it worked! I. AM. HOOKED. and I'm just waiting to be reeled in ;) The story was told in Cassandra's POV, but the last few chapters are told in Logan's POV. I breathed a sigh of relief when the POV's changed. It made the cliffhanger much more bearable. Knowing where Logan's head was at was enough for me. Honestly, the cliffhanger in this one wouldn't scare me off at all. I think it was brilliant. At the end, I was left feeling very hopeful. I just know it's all going to be alright! I can't get my hands on book 2 soon enough!


 
Review by:
 

FIND THE AUTHOR
 
Angela Graham
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment