Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Review: Girl on Tour by Caisey Quinn

(Kylie Ryans series, book 2)
An up and comer trying to make a name for herself...

Kylie never imagined she'd be stuck on a tour bus with her boyfriend's ex. 

A troubled artist struggling to hold onto his career...

Trace thought he was finally getting to do his tour his way, but the label has other plans. 

Surrounded by relentless paparazzi, tabloid rumors, and people they can't trust, they need each other more than ever. But the choices they make will change everything. 

Because chasing your dreams and following your heart don't always lead you to the same place. 

Just a little tidbit of information: before I started Girl on Tour, Caisey Quinn agreed to pay for my booze and/or therapy that I may need because of this book. Granted, my heart was in a pretty fragile place at that time, but even so, I thought to myself “Oh, I’ll be fine. I can handle it.” Well, Caisey love, I was wrong and it’s time to pay the piper. I’ll cut you a deal and save you money on the therapy, but I suggest shoving a bunch of booze in a box and shipping it my way…because I need it.


Girl on Tour is the sequel to Caisey’s debut novel, Girl with Guitar, and is every bit as fantastic. This novel follows both Kylie and Trace’s separate tours as they struggle to find time together and are forced to deal with love in the limelight. Tabloids, rumors, misinterpreted pictures, old flings, and hard-to-kick habits are all standing by in the wings just waiting to light their relationship on fire and watch it go down in flames. Kylie and Trace try to beat the odds stacked against them, but their paths may not be going the same way like they planned; they may just be going in exact opposite directions. 

This story did a number on me. I love Kylie and Trace, and watching them struggle to balance their careers and their relationship was tough. There is so much love between these two that you just want to reach into the book and shake some sense into them! BUT...even though they had their fair share of problems, there was also a lot of steam and sexiness and adorableness and just plain love between these two amazing characters. 

I loved the incorporation of the other secondary characters, like Kylie's tour mates, Lily Taite and Mia Montgomery, and Trace's co-headliner, Gretchen Gibson. The relationships between them added the elements of friendship, tension, and compassion to the story and took it from good to great. 

Right about now you're probably wondering why I needed alcohol after finishing this book when I've had nothing but good things to say about it. Well, let me tell you why. Because this isn't a happily ever after. It's rough. Some parts will break your heart. But the only thing holding me together is knowing that this isn't the end of Kylie and Trace's story. So even though my fragile heart endured more than it could handle, I absolutely, positively adored this book. 

PS - Caisey, you might as well just send an ARC of Girl in Love along with my box of booze to, you know, help calm my nerves and heal my heart ;) 


MY RATING: 5 STARS





Reviewed by:

No comments:

Post a Comment