Thursday, September 26, 2013

Review: Down by the Water by Anna Cruise

 
Lily McMahon can't escape the past.
 
Ten years after a tragedy tore her family apart, Lily is on her way to college for what she hopes will be a fresh start. Instead, she finds herself broken down in the place she swore she'd never return to, the place by the water that damaged her family beyond repair. When local resident Ty Reilly offers her help, she reluctantly accepts, eager to get her car fixed and get the hell out of town.

But before that can happen, an eerily similar recurrence stops Lily cold. With her identity and ties to the old tragedy revealed, new suspicions cast a bright light on Lily. Everyone around her—the guy who offered her help, her own wayward sister, and the town sheriff who remembers her from a decade earlier—begins to wonder if her reappearance is merely a coincidence or if she's somehow involved.
 
As Lily begins to thread together strands from the past with the present, she realizes there's no such thing as a coincidence down by the water.

And that you can't ever really leave the past behind.
 

 
BUY ON AMAZON

REVIEW:
I can’t believe it… she got me!!! I like to read novels with suspense. When I do, my main goal is to solve the puzzle right off the bat. In Down by the Water, I changed my mind about whodunnit too many times to count. I’d think I figured it out and then I’d totally discredit my assumption. At one point I DID have it figured out, but then I decided that I was wrong. I blamed everybody! Even the little sister that was out of town. . .

With that said, you got me. So, I’m giving you 5 stars because I’m not used to being GOT! ;-) I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. The best part about it was that I was constantly trying to solve the puzzle, and the answer wasn’t given away too early on. It kept me guessing and doubting myself the entire time.

The primary focus of the story is on the mystery surrounding Lily and her family, but there’s also a romance budding between Lily and Ty. Ty was an all-around good, small town guy, and I loved Lily and her sarcastic thoughts. I thought the writing was excellent because it painted a really clear picture of everything that was going on without me losing interest. Everything flowed and kept my attention. Very easy to immerse myself in.

I can’t really give a rundown of the plot without giving away major spoilers. I don’t want to give away anything that isn’t in the synopsis because I think the ‘not knowing’ really added to my enjoyment of the book.. I’ll just say that this is the book you need if you are looking for something with a little more to it than romance. If you like suspense and romance…guess what?? You can have your cake and eat it too with Down by the Water. I love cake!

If you like a good suspenseful Lifetime movie, you’ll love this.

P.S. I want to know more about Sven.

.
 
BIO:

Anna Cruise has been writing and drooling over boys since middle school. Lots of years have passed but some things never change...
Her books include the best-seller IT WAS YOU (New Adult), IF I FALL (Mature YA) and MAVERICK (New Adult). Additional titles include SET IN STONE (YA Paranormal) and IT WAS ME, the follow-up story to IT WAS YOU.
Anna loves to hear from readers and authors. Email her at authorannacruise@gmail.com. You can also like her Facebook page, find her on Twitter @AnnaCruiseBooks or friend her on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment