Wednesday, February 18, 2015

REVIEW: Three, Two, One by JA Huss



ONE GIRL
Battered, barefoot, and huddled under a bookstore awning in the pouring rain, Blue only knows one thing. After fifteen months of captivity, finally...she is free.
TWO FRIENDS
Self-made millionaires JD and Ark are not out to save anyone when they stumble upon a wet and shivering girl one early Sunday morning. But when you sell sex for a living and salvation rings your bell...you answer the call.
THREE SOULMATES
After years of searching, love lifts the veil of darkness, and three people -- with three very big secrets -- find themselves bound together in a relationship that defies the odds.

Or does it?
Love. Lust. Sex. 
This trinity might be perfection...but not everything should come in 3's. 
*Warning: This is a standalone non-traditional M/F/M romance with a non-traditional ending.*

BUY: Amazon 
   







I was super nervous about this one, but....



SWEET. MOTHER. LOVING. JESUS.

I'm struggling.

Struggling to cope with the massive hangover that I'm battling all thanks to this book.
Struggling to find the words that will convey how much this story impacted me.
Struggling to come to terms with the fact that my journey with Ark, Blue, and JD is over.

My struggle is very, very real.

For the record, this was my first JA Huss novel. I know, I know, what the hell have I been doing with my life. But hey, better late than never. So, at a ripe 28 years old, my JA Huss cherry has been popped, and she was anything but gentle with me. This story stripped me raw, and owned me completely. It's tainted with lies and deception, and laced with love and passion. It will pull you under, hold you down, and never let you up for air. It's intense, gritty, suspenseful, and obscenely sexy.

In short…it's fucking fantastic.

Three, Two, One is a story that you absolutely should go into fairly blind. Read the synopsis, read spoiler-free reviews, but for the love of all that is holy, do not go searching for answers. Don't do it. This should be experienced firsthand, with no knowledge of how the story of Ark, Blue, and JD unfolds. It is a beautifully broken journey that tests the boundaries of friendship, love, and commitment between two best friends, and one beautiful stranger.

To put it simply – Ark and JD sell sex. It's a lucrative, albeit dirty profession, so when they stumble upon Blue – soaking wet from the rain, wearing no shoes and only a thin sundress – they see this an opportunity. They need a new video to post, and since their scheduled girl bailed, Blue seems like a perfect substitute. With the promise of up to $500 for her time and *cough* services, she obliges...creating the start to the perfect trinity; a relationship none of them ever saw coming. But as time passes, and loyalties are tested, the question is raised – are there some things that just shouldn't come in 3's?



I had reservations about reading this novel, so I didn't immediately jump in; I dipped my toe in, tested the water, and slowly waded towards the deep end. I bought and downloaded it when it was first released. Every time I would look at my Kindle, that cover was just staring at me, but I was nervous. I hadn't ever read a full-blown M/F/M romance before, and I didn't know what to expect. I don't like books that involve cheating, and I was worried that's what this would feel like. So, I waited. When I noticed some of my booky friends reading it, my interest peaked and I found myself cautiously cruising through the reviews. They all loved it. So finally, I took the plunge. I went in, and quickly found myself drowning in the sheer brilliance of this story.

Everything about this novel was incredible. The writing, the story line, the characters, they were all just utterly captivating. It's such an unconventional, taboo-esque romance that I was completely enraptured with from the very beginning. And because there is no way I could write a review for this book without talking about the sexy times, here goes nothing…



Make sure you are stocked up on batteries before you read this. For real. There were several times I had to stop and collect myself. These were some of the hottest, panty-dropping, I-can-feel-my-heart-beat-in-my-vagina scenes I have ever read. Ever. And that's saying something, people.

Three, Two, One has easily planted itself on my all-time favorites list, and I am adding every single book JA Huss has ever written to my TBR, because I am now officially a fangirl. This unique, suspenseful romance put me through the ringer, and while I was constantly craving more and never wanted it to end, it left me completely and utterly satiated. 

5 STARS

Reviewed by:


3 comments:

  1. I felt that too :) Although this one was just in line with everything else! Yes, DO read the Social Media series & add-ons; and the Dirty trilogy; and you'll realise what you've missed :)

    I only picked up Ms Huss late last year, but I've devoured everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have yet to read any of her books yet - but this one sounds like it's right up my alley! :D

    ReplyDelete