Tuesday, February 3, 2015

REVIEW: Addicted After All by Krista and Becca Ritchie



(Addicted series, book 3)
Two addicts. One epic love story. 
Prepare for the worst.
That's what Lily and Lo try to do when Jonathan Hale schedules an "important" meeting. The problem: after being swept into the public eye and battling their addictions, they're not sure what the worst is anymore.
In a sea of many changes -- including Ryke and Daisy living with them -- Lily realizes that the best part of her fluctuating hormones might just be the worst.
Her sex drive is out of control.
Loren knows that she's insatiable, but he's not giving up on her. She's too much a part of him. And as he carries more and more responsibility, some of the people that he loves doubt his resolve.
In the conclusion to their love story, Lily and Lo stand side-by-side to fight, one last time, for their happily ever after. 

BUY: Amazon 
   






LOVE. LOVE. LOVE.


If there was ever a perfect time to use the term "bittersweet," that time is now. I am still trying to come to terms with the notion that I just came out of Lo and Lily's heads for the last time. These two characters burrowed into my heart, and built a blanket fort with no intention of ever taking it down. I read a lot of books with great characters; ones that stay with me for a while, that make me feel right along with them. To me, it's one of the distinctive traits that make up a great writer. And while there are plenty of authors who make me feel like I'm actually escaping reality during the time that I'm lost in their pages, no one does it quite like Krista and Becca Ritchie.

If you have read my reviews for the previous books in this series, you know that my love for this series is unwavering. And not just because of the Harry Potter and superhero references, although both of those are surefire ways to my heart, but because the character development and story line are absolutely incredible.

Addicted After All concludes the story of two addicts, Lo and Lily, who started out as best friends and somewhere along the way, fell in love. I don't think there have ever been two characters that I wanted to have a happy ending as much as these two. They have been battle tested more in their 24-25 years than most people are in their entire lives. Saddled with addiction (her – sex, him – booze), their path to happily ever after has been like crossing a field littered with landmines; one wrong step, and everything blows up in their face. And it does blow up…multiple times. But admist the destruction, they sift through the rubble, and are always there to piece each other back together. Lo and Lily are the defintion of unconditional love, and seeing how far they've come not only as a couple, but individually, just makes my heart happy. Add in the fact that we get to see them as parents and it makes for an adorably perfect ending to their love story.


While this novel is told from Lily and Lo's POVs, there is still a lot of Rose, Connor, Daisy, and Ryke. I loved seeing Rose and Connor as parents, and finally getting to experience the stability of Ryke and Daisy's relationship now that they don't have to hide it from anyone. The six of these characters are each so wonderfully unique in their own way, and yet when pieced together, they create this weirdly perfect harmony. I love each of these characters for different reasons, but after all this time, I still find myself drawn to Lily more than anyone else. I mean, Hufflepuffs have to stick together, right?! (Shoutout to Pottermore for confirming what I already knew to be true…Hufflepuff 4 Life!!)

I could sit here and type page after page of compliment after compliment about how truly brilliant this series is, but after six reviews, I feel like anyone who knows me in the book community knows my love for this story and these characters. Krista and Becca have planted themselves at the top of my favorite authors list, and it is going to take a lot to knock them off. People tell me all the time magic isn't real (stupid muggles), but this series is physical proof that it does exist. Krista and Becca are actual wizards, people. Word wizards. So, the next time someone tries to squash my hope of there being magic in the world, I'll take a break from throwing a Harry Potter book in their face, and throw one of the Ritchie sisters' books in their face instead. That oughta teach them.  




5 STARS

Reviewed by:


No comments:

Post a Comment